I have lots of skincare tips, but today I would like to share my skincare tips specifically for when you are traveling by airplane.
I recently was traveling from the United States to Europe and within Europe, I was traveling by plane to explore different countries. I know how my skin reacts to the extraordinarily low level of humidity in the air inside an airplane, and I wanted to share some tips I have gathered with you!
Whether you have oily skin, dry skin, or a combination, your skin will be affected. Our skin is what holds us all together and it deserves to be taken care of! Don’t let the dry air inside an aircraft take a toll on your skin. If you have dry skin, your skin will get extra dry. If you have oily skin, your skin will get oilier to compensate for the dryness. Who wants that?! Here are a list of some tips to help you be prepared:
- Avoid wearing makeup while traveling.
- I like to wear makeup every day, but if you can avoid wearing liquid foundation and powder foundation your skin will thank you! And besides, you can always hide behind a pair of sunglasses if you really are afraid of anyone seeing you bare-faced.
- BUT, there is never anything wrong with some lip gloss and mascara.
- Before taking a flight, be sure to moisturize your whole body.
- Whole body includes your face, lips, and hands too!
- Bring travel-sized body lotion, moisturizer, chapstick, and hand lotion in your carry on!
- It is so important to keep hydrating your body during the course of a long flight. Make sure to check the sizes of your liquids before bringing them in your carry-on bag. You can bring as many 3.4 ounce containers of liquids that will fit in a quart-sized bag.
- Drink water.
- Stay hydrated from the inside out!
If you are taking an international flight, these tips will be extra helpful to you. You will walk off your flight with luminous, beautifully hydrated skin.
P.S. be sure to keep up with me on Instagram for more frequent travel tips.