I am the kind of person that always wants to eat healthy but struggles because… cookies. But, I have good news! Today, I came across a healthy cookie recipe and I adjusted it to make perfect! And there is one very important secret ingredient… carrots!
This recipe is for the perfect taste of sweetness to satisfy your sweet tooth and it’s still healthy! It might not taste like it, but I promise it is!
- 1 & 1/4 cups of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp All Spice
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup or honey (I used maple syrup)
- 1 cup grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 350° fahrenheit
- Mix together dry ingredients (oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, All Spice, Nutmeg, salt)
- In a separate bowl, mix together wet ingredients (yogurt, vanilla extract, eggs, maple syrup/honey)
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix
- Fold in grated carrots (I grated my carrots with my Cuisinart food processor)
- Leave batter in the fridge to cool for 20 minutes.
- Scoop dough onto parchment paper on a baking sheet to make 12-14 cookies.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool before enjoying. 🙂
I hope you love these cookies as much as I do! They are perfect for summer and most definitely worth a try. 🙂
P.S. follow me on Instagram here to keep up with me!